Sounds like you had a great time in acute care and were able to really gain some hands-on experience. That's so exciting! It's so fun to have the ability to practice emerging skills in an environment where constructive feedback is encouraged. It makes me feel more comfortable to know that it's acceptable for me to not do something perfect. I hope you have a fantastic summer! Great video!
I think everything that you described in your video is something that will be learned and practiced while on Level 2's and in the first few years of practice. It sounds like you had a great time on your field work experience and were able to really get some good hands on practice. Have a great summer break!
Maggie, I really enjoyed hearing about your experience. Sounds like you learned a lot. Like you, I was also able to get a ton of hands on experience. I now feel like I have the skills necessary to be successful for level 2 rotations. I thought your thorns were very thought out, you'll have plenty of time to work on them over the next couple of months. Great video! Tell Reggie I said hey!
Yesterday we took our final for our foundations of occupational therapy class, and it feels good to be nearing the end of my first term of occupational therapy school. This class has done exactly what the course title describes and has given me a strong foundation of what occupational therapy is, what populations they work with, and the basics of the profession. Over the course of a few months we have learned about documentation, clinical reasoning, code of ethics, therapeutic relationships, and many other helpful tools that will guide us through the rest of our time at UTHSC. I am looking forward to branching this knowledge through learning the lifespan starting with pediatrics in July.
On April 26th, we had a guest speaker join us named Fletcher Cleaves who was living independently with a cervical spinal cord injury. Fletcher grew up with a love of football and that's where he put all of his hard work, dedication, and passion. Finally a young Fletcher received a scholarship to play football at Lambuth University. However, all of Fletcher's training could not have prepared him for the night a texting driver would run him of the road leading to the crash that would change his life and take his ability to walk. Several years later I meet Fletcher during my time in occupational therapy school and I see this man in front of me with a huge personality and even bigger sense of humor. He educated us on his injury and gave us a look into what a day would look like for a person with his level spinal cord injury. Fletcher also made a really incredible point when he was discussing the difficulty he had finding a wheel chair accessible apartment and I feel that is somet...
Maggie,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great time in acute care and were able to really gain some hands-on experience. That's so exciting! It's so fun to have the ability to practice emerging skills in an environment where constructive feedback is encouraged. It makes me feel more comfortable to know that it's acceptable for me to not do something perfect. I hope you have a fantastic summer! Great video!
I think everything that you described in your video is something that will be learned and practiced while on Level 2's and in the first few years of practice. It sounds like you had a great time on your field work experience and were able to really get some good hands on practice. Have a great summer break!
ReplyDeleteMaggie, I really enjoyed hearing about your experience. Sounds like you learned a lot. Like you, I was also able to get a ton of hands on experience. I now feel like I have the skills necessary to be successful for level 2 rotations. I thought your thorns were very thought out, you'll have plenty of time to work on them over the next couple of months. Great video! Tell Reggie I said hey!
ReplyDelete